This seminar will be held in-person. If you would prefer to attend virtually or if live audience capacity has been reached, you can register for the Business Entity Tax Tune-Up Webcast as this will be live-streamed to an online audience.
This two-day course is the go-to for a broad spectrum of highlights regarding 2020 business return preparation. Make sure you are on your “A” game this tax season by joining us for this critical tune-up. We’ll do a deep dive on the various forms of business entities and a review of the many changes brought about by tax reform that will impact business clients. We’ll also address this year’s key revenue rulings, procedures, and case law.
- Advanced technical practice and reporting issues for all entities
- Navigating the New Normal: COVID-19 legislation
- Individuals are NOT the only victims of identity theft
- The bell has tolled for: Abusive micro-captive transactions, certain tax return preparers, certain marijuana businesses…\ Non-headlining practice opportunities found in the CARES Act
- “Substance over Form” argument of shareholder loans
- White House 2021 Budget Points and the “Employee vs. Independent Contractor” conundrum
- New Form 1065 steps for reporting capital, and 2020 safe harbor
- New Form 1065 reporting for §743(b) adjustments
- New Form 1065 reporting for property contributions
- Advanced study of “At-Risk” loans
- Partnership losses and calculating net earnings from self-employment
- Employer W-2 correction requests
- Reporting cash transactions
- Don't get caught watching the paint dry; what is hot and new
- What is terminating S corporations today?
- New emphasis on basis reporting
- Off-the-beaten-path Business Entity Update
- Maintain a broad understanding of the hot issues and changes in business entity tax preparation
- Understand a “salmagundi” or “hodge-podge” of practice issues affecting preparers of business tax returns
All tax practitioners who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their business clients