The Not-For-Profit Certificate II Program offers intermediate training on how to apply core concepts in not-for-profit (NFP) accounting and financial reporting, governance and assurance, and tax compliance to the unique financial needs of a not-for-profit entity.
This program is perfect for:
- CPA firms looking for higher-level application and strategy training for staff members
- Nonprofit financial professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge
- Professionals in public practice seeking to acquire and retain NFP clients by demonstrating proof of proficiency and commitment to serving the industry
- Individuals who want to expand their skill set and build their resume, including deepening their knowledge of NFP-specific financial accounting concepts and the latest changes to GAAP
- Delivered through an award-winning on-demand e-learning interface, this self-paced course was developed to appeal to all learning styles and levels using audio, video, and hands-on skills practice
- Successfully prepare not-for-profit financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including implementation of FASB Accounting Standards
Updates likely to be effective for most nonprofits next financial reporting periods
- Complete a core IRS Form 990
- Build complex budgets
- Guide the strategic planning process
- Prepare a complete set of NFP financial statements, the core IRS Form 990 and supplemental materials, a budget, and a strategic plan
- Analyze financial statements to assess the financial health of an NFP
- Evaluate facts and circumstances to determine whether a tax-exempt organization has reporting requirements or a tax liability for unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
- Apply techniques to effectively steward an NFP's resources to achieve mission success, including performance measurement, risk assessment and response strategies, benchmarking, cash flow management, and forecasting
- Identify a process to assess, design, implement, and monitor internal controls
You do not need to be a CPA to earn this Certificate. You will have 2 years to complete it.
AICPA is the sponsor of record for an digital badges earned. OSCPA does not maintain or award AICPA digital badges.