The Fundamentals of Forensic Accounting Certificate Program covers those areas representative of the AICPA's Body of Knowledge in the financial forensics area. This certificate program is tailored to provide an introduction to financial forensics and help you become familiar with the forensic accountant's professional responsibility.
It provides a foundational knowledge of:
- The legal system
- How to plan and prepare a forensic engagement
- Gathering information
- Providing expert testimony
- Interpret regulatory standards and legal system requirements applicable to forensic accounting engagements
- Describe the elements essential to accepting forensic accounting engagements such as identifying the engagement terms and client provisions, managing the engagement, and reporting requirements
- Identify the means of gathering evidence and conducting research critical to forensic engagements through the use of effective interviewing and investigative techniques
- Describe the role of the expert and non-expert in participating in depositions and providing testimony
AAICPA is the sponsor of record for an digital badges earned. OSCPA does not maintain or award AICPA digital badges.